Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

From the Curb of Your Suburb


For those that don't know, my name is A Smiles. In the summer of 2008, after listening to mainstream hip hop on the radio, I decided that popular hip hop seemed to lack some of the same vibe and energy that made the genre so enjoyable for me. While there was definitely the influence of party rap, there was nothing like the stylings of Jurassic 5 or A Tribe Called Quest that made me fall in love with the music. Always looking for new outlets of creative expression, I decided to get in the game. So I donned the name A Smiles and collaborated with my friend, C Money. With the help of a talented young producer, C Bones, we began to churn out hit after chart topping hit. That chart might have been most played in my iTunes, but that's alright. I'm just glad we're topping charts. First recording the dance sensation "Swivel and Snap" C Money and I have continued to make progress on our debut LP "From the Curb of Your Suburb" over the years. The album is slated to drop at, uh, some time in the future. Here's a quick preview of a track titled "Fuck Banks, Get to the Deli":

04 Fuck Banks, Get to the Deli

As the album continues to come together with some fun-loving jams keep your ears to the ground for songs to pop up as they are finished. To build the hype a little more, here's a random verse that might find its way into the mix:

I can sense your affliction
You've got that East Coast addiction
But if you come to me for your fix
You best be ready to get your kicks
cuz I'm the East Coast overdose
I'll leave you comatose,
seismic flows, rocking the Atlantic coast,
triple double just like Derek Rose,
leave you on the floor, burnt as toast
cuz I'm a killa, always chasing that skrilla
rock steady, sturdy as a pillar
Holding up the pantheon
Even when the gods are gone
Ancient as the legends go,
but Fresh as the story unfolds
So if you think you can rock like this,
Then go ahead, embrace the sickness
You got that East Coast addiction
Carry it with conviction


Thanks for listening. This has been an All Smiles Production.

No comments:

Post a Comment