Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

UVMtv Presents: An Interview With Jon Kilik

Thanks to my work with UVMtv and being a Film and Television Studies minor at the University of Vermont, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to interview Jon Kilik. It was a really incredible experience for me, being able to sit down and learn something from an Academy Award nominated producer that graduated from UVM with the class of '78.  Soon to be an alumni myself, it was inspiring to talk with someone who pursued their love of film and became one of the most sought after independent producers in the industry. After graduating from UVM, Kilik moved to New York where he worked on movie sets and eventually met up with Spike Lee to produce Do the Right Thing. From there he built a career producing very powerful films, working on most of the other Spike Lee joints as well as Robert DeNiro's A Bronx Tale, Dead Man Walking, and the aforementioned Academy recognized Babel and Biutiful. I could go on but instead of me telling you all about him, why don't I let him speak for himself:



This has been an All Smiles Production.

1 comment:

  1. well done - great interview - Brian Williams watch out!! Have fun and a great job - Congrats on the grad stuff - Dad

    ReplyDelete